Sunday, February 8, 2009

Testing....testing....

I've been a bit slow off the mark with this blog business. In fact being a Sunday in summer I'm a bit slow in general.

West Australian's are colloquially known as sandgropers, or at least we were (I bet H remembers the little gold and black furry number dubbed Sunny that was popular with kids back in the 80s.) Unlike everything else 80s the term 'sandgroper' seems to have gone out of fashion and stayed that way. Sandgropers, as it turns out, are wee burrowing insects that love nothing more than hanging out in sand (I'm not sure where the groping part comes in....). Well I'm less of the hanging out in sand Perthite, more of the burrowing away kind.

Summer for me does not equal long days stretched out on a towel at our famous beaches wearing nothing but a teeny bikini. Instead I hide myself away in my darkened lounge with a book and a fan for company. I generally slow down in the heat and that includes all brain functions.

So seeing it is the beginning of another furnace like week in Perth and I'm attempting my 1st blog ever (poor H has been feeling lonely) I feel a little test is in order as I'm not at all confident that this is going to work.

So again....testing....testing....123.....

No comments:

Post a Comment