Friday, February 6, 2009

Slow Cooker Lamb 'Pot' Roast.... another frozen delight!

Not that this blog is all about slow cooker cooking, but it seems to be the latest lifesaver in my house... It also proves my enduring love for George (George Foreman that is).

So as mentioned, with a poorly mother, George has been proving invaluable in doing all the cooking for us while I go to work. In a bit of a rush the other morning, I decided to throw a bit of a meal in the pot... and it was a winner. More so because I threw the hunk of lamb in the pot FROZEN which to me, is the height of convenience and laziness! It turned out perfectly cooked and fell apart on carving it.

Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast

1 Marinated Mini Lamb Roast (frozen)
3 Potato - chopped into quarters
1/2 Pumpkin - chopped into chunks
1/2 Cup Liquid - I used Worcestershire Sauce, a splash of light Soy, a splash of Garlic & Soy Marinade and water

Spray the ceramic pot with non stick stuff, layer in potatoes and pumpkin. I then added a wee pinch of Vegeta over the top and then plonked in the frozen lamb. Pour the liquid over and pop the lid on.

I cooked this on low for about 10 hours while at work. Everything was perfectly cooked and was sitting in a lovely juice.

I strained this off and made a nice gravy by adding a bit of gravox, in a pan on the stove.

Tasting Notes:

  • You'll see from the photo that I also added some mushrooms and zucchini to the top. This I would not do again - neither lasted the distance or looked appetising at the end of the day!
  • Adding frozen meat was just perfect - all up this took all of about 4 minutes to throw together, which suits me at 7.30am!
  • I used a pre-marinated mini lamb roast from the butcher (whose name escapes me, but they are located at the little set of shops in Brentwood on Cranford Ave - they are wonderful!). This piece gave 2 generous servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment